In 2018 we developed a system for the scanning of original Wills, Codicils and Powers of Attorney using non-invasive methods after we were approached by a large Law Firm who had identified an issue whereby potential probate clients could be ‘poached’ during the time taken to retrieve Wills from off-site storage.
A trial project was so successful that it was immediately expanded to encompass all the Wills held by the company – a total of over 120,000 Wills.
A number of benefits have subsequently been realised:
- The ability to view a Clients’ Will on demand has allowed the probate department to quickly answer questions or start the probate process immediately, leading to better customer service, client retention and increased revenue.
- The authenticity of the scanned Will is guaranteed through the application of a digital signature and RFC 3161 timestamp which can verify that the document has not been tampered with since its creation.
- As general correspondence can be scanned and removed from the Will packet, a reduction in storage costs can been seen due to more efficient use of space.
- Document retrieval costs have been reduced as original Wills are only requested when absolutely necessary.
- The scanned Wills form an invaluable backup in the event of the accidental loss of, or damage to, the original hard copy, thus enhancing data security.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this very specialised service please do not hesitate to contact us orClick here to have us call you back!